How to apply for H1B1 visa from India

The H-1B1 visa is a special category of the H-1B visa that is available to citizens of Chile and Singapore. If you are a citizen of either Chile or Singapore and wish to apply for the H-1B1 visa from India, you can follow these general steps:

Find a sponsoring employer: Look for a U.S. employer who is willing to hire you in a specialized job role. The employer must be willing to sponsor your H-1B1 visa and file a petition on your behalf.

Labor Condition Application (LCA): The sponsoring employer must obtain a certified Labor Condition Application (LCA) from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). The LCA includes information about the job position, prevailing wage, and attestations regarding labor laws and working conditions.

Form I-129S Petition: Once the LCA is certified, the sponsoring employer files a Form I-129S, Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This form is specific to the H-1B1 visa category and requires detailed information about the employer, the job offer, and your qualifications.

Supporting Documentation: Along with the Form I-129S petition, the sponsoring employer must submit supporting documents, which may include a detailed employment offer letter, evidence of your specialized qualifications (such as educational degrees, certifications, or experience), and any other relevant documentation to support the petition.

USCIS Processing and Approval: The USCIS reviews the Form I-129S petition and supporting documents. If approved, the USCIS issues a Notice of Approval (I-797) to the sponsoring employer.

Visa Application: After the I-797 approval notice is received, you can proceed with the visa application process. You will need to schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in India. Prepare the required documents, which typically include a valid passport, DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application form, the I-797 approval notice, and supporting documents related to your job offer and qualifications.

Visa Interview: Attend the visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The consular officer will ask questions about your job offer, qualifications, and intent to return to your home country after the temporary work period.

Visa Issuance: If approved, the consular officer will issue the H-1B1 visa in your passport. You can then travel to the United States and begin working for the sponsoring employer.

It’s important to note that the specific requirements and procedures for the H-1B1 visa application process may vary. It is advisable to consult with an immigration attorney or a qualified professional and carefully review the instructions provided by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you plan to apply for the visa to ensure a smooth application process. is the only platform that provides jobs from H1B1 sponsoring companies. If you are a citizen of India, you are eligible to apply for an H1B visa. is the only website that provides you with all the active jobs for H-1B visa sponsorship.

Read our FAQ for more information on what to do next.